Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The excitement of new things often results in over use; hence two posts in one day

So whether or not this is of any interest, I am going to post two random things about this page (which I guess reflects this entire blog in general) On a tangent, it is slightly disconcerting and quite presumptuous writing to a non-existent audience, yet at the same time slightly freeing. Anyway: (did you know most people say anyways? which completely makes no sense if you think about it, which strangely someone pointed out to me once in the middle of a locker room...) Here are things of no importance in no particular order:
  • Name: Petit Penseur Perdu --> French for "Little Lost Thinker", take it as you will
  • Pages I Follow --> Every time I start following a page, I will inform you (whoever you is) about the page, and why I like it. As of right now I am following::
                          "Born This Way" -- So this blog is basically a list of postings by gay adults (of all genders with snapshots and adorable stories from their childhood (roughly ages 2 to 12) showing they were born gay, and began showing "gay traits" at even a young age. So first thing first: I am not gay myself but I do believe that homosexuality is innate and not a choice (in most cases). Without turning this into a political debate (which I will generally try to avoid) the reason I love this blog is that it's just so darn cute! The stories are adorable, and the pictures literally make the tiny audience in your head go awwww! While I will admit this blog encourages stereotypes about the way gay people act, it is from the adults themselves, and they are proud of it :] Bonus: At the end of each post are little pictures of childhood toys, movies/show posters etc. that capture who they are. Sooo cute! Bonus Bonus: Easy to follow, very few ads.
http://borngaybornthisway.blogspot.com/
                        The Homeless Guy -- So this blog is super interesting too. It's literally by a homeless man who posts when he has time at a public library. Just going through his archives of posts was fascinating, seeing who he used to be and how he ended up where he is due to a mental illness, and yet he is eloquent and coherent. Amazing glimpse into a life really worth knowing about, seeing his struggles and what he has had to endure, due to some of his own bad choices and others due to inaccurate stereotypes, or failures on our part as caring human beings. A real eye-opener. READ IT! Down Sides: A lot of ads and links, so kind of distracting and hard to go through but definitely worth the time!
http://thehomelessguy.blogspot.com/
 El fin <3

No comments:

Post a Comment